Job Vacancy: Administrative Assistant (GIO)
Applications are invited from persons both inside and outside the Public Service for appointment, transfer or promotion to the following position with the Government Information Office:
POSITION : Administrative Assistant (GIO)
No OF POSITION : One (1)
SALARY RANGE : Band 8a – 8.5
$10,586 – $13,232 per annum
The Government Information Office is keen to have on its team a person that is enthusiastic and a proactive team player.
Reading, writing and speaking English well is the basic requirement for the applicant as well as a willingness to learn as on the job training will be provided to write news articles.
The Administrative Assistant will be required, under supervision, to perform the less difficult professional and technical activities associated with the conduct of comprehensive program to inform the public of the activities and objectives of Government business.
• Sorting and routing mail, answering phones, operating basic office equipment such as photocopiers and scanning
• Filing documents and records
• Upkeep of the office mailing list and events calendar
• Preparing, producing and disseminating information, utilising all major media of communication
• Assist in writing and preparing Media Releases and Nauru Bulletin articles for publication (media writing training will be provided)
• Assist with research in the preparation of Media Releases, articles and speeches
• Perform any other duties as required by the Government Information management including the coverage of parliamentary sittings and press conferences and/or media interviews
• Must be able to work outside of normal working hours if and when required. E.g. parliamentary sittings, elections and meeting deadlines for the Nauru Bulletin
• Must be a team player and willing to undertake various levels of on-the-job training.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of year 12 qualification
• Must be able to read, write and speak English well
• Experience in or understanding of media-related functions and systems will be an advantage
• Must be computer literate and skilful in using MS word, Excel, Access and email
• Must have excellent interpersonal and a high level of communication skills
• Must have initiative and the ability to work diligently, independently and;
• Must be innovative, proactive and proficient.
The successful applicant must be willing to receive on-the-job training in news writing and other media related requirements to carry out the work efficiently.
Applications should be lodged in writing or electronically word processed stating name, age, qualification and curriculum vitae with supporting references and other relevant attachments provided to the Chief Secretary’s Department or the Secretary for Corporate Services no later than 5:00pm, Friday 3rd November, 2017.