Job vacancy – Personal assistant
Applications are called for the above position
Position: Personal Assistant
Purpose: This position will work with the Nauru Electoral Commission to provide administrative support.
1. Act as the first point of contact dealing with correspondence and phone calls
2. Coordinating/scheduling and preparing of meeting minutes as assigned
3. Organizing events and conferences
4. Managing the filing system and of staff personnel file
5. Ensure copies of all HR issues (such as salary and staffing issues copied)
6. Typing, compiling and preparing reports, presentation and correspondences
7. Organizing meetings and appointments often controlling access to Commission staff
8. Miscellaneous tasks to support the Electoral Commission and as assigned by the Commissioner
9. Taking part in an electoral official capacity during an election
Knowledge and Skills and Attributes
The successful applicant will be selected on the following criteria:
• Good oral/written – communication skills in English and Nauruan
• Discretion/trustworthiness as he/she will be party to confidential information
• Shows attributes of maturity, adaptability and multi-tasking
• The ability to be proactive and take the initiative
• Punctual, reliable and willing to accept responsibilities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• Preferably higher tertiary certificate/diploma
• Certificate in Secretarial Studies or equivalent
• Computer literate in MS Office
• At least 5 years’ experience in administration
Salary: Band 8 per annum: 8,264
Please submit application letter with CV, reference and other relevant documents. Addressed to Nauru Electoral Commission, Administration Office, Civic Centre, Aiwo District.
Closing date Friday 7th July 2017.