Position: Secretary USP, Nauru Campus
The appointee will be responsible for the delivery of prompt and efficient secretarial services to the Nauru Campus. This
includes word and data processing, efficient record keeping and filing, attending to student and members of the public, and liaising with other campuses, agencies and organizations within and outside USP.
The Person We Seek
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
– A Diploma/Certificate in Secretarial studies from a recognised institution or equivalent qualification and at least 2
years of secretarial experience;
– The ability to work under pressure;
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written);
– A high standard of proficiency in English, some basic accounting skills and related numeracy to assist with
– Willingness to work after hours when required;
– A diverse range of computer skills are necessary – maintaining databases, familiarity with email programmes,
practice at web-based tasks and the functional knowledge of standard computer applications like MS Word, Excel,
PowerPoint and Internet Browsers.
– The ability to handle correspondence independently, draft minutes and reports quickly, work effectively without
continuous supervision, prioritise given duties and follow-up as necessary on outstanding tasks, and manage the
day to day affairs of an orderly office.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
– Previous experience being responsible for running the office of a busy department, private company, academic
institution, NGO or similar;
– Initiative and willingness to try new ideas and to work professionally;
– Excellent organisational skills are important and a willingness to administer campus business quickly;
– A valid driver’s license and must be able to drive a manual vehicle.
The position is available for a term of 3 years and may be renewed by mutual agreement.
Salary Range: CI/T1 AUD $11,078 to AUD $11,342 per annum
Enquiries: Alamanda Lauti; tel.: 557 7462; email: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 24 September 2017
How to Apply
Candidates are strongly encouraged to use the University’s online E-Recruitment system to view full details and apply for this position at www.usprecruits.usp.ac.fj
Candidates may request further information from the Human Resources Office;
Tel: (679) 32 32072; email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Please also include the following documents in your application: Cover letter and Resume clearly addressing key Selection Criteria, Academic transcript and names of three referees, one of which must be your current or most recent direct work supervisor.