On behalf of Nauru Fisheries and Marine Resources Authority and the Parties to Nauru Agreement
Internship offered in Europe in global commercial marketing + sales extended to 1 January 2018
Pacifical is a joint venture global tuna market Development Company set up between the 8 PNA countries and a corporation in Europe, the Netherlands in 2011. Pacifical’s role is to promote the 8 PNA nations, their culture, people and the sustainable pristine resources through the active trade of their PNA MSC certified sustainably caught free school skipjack and yellowfin tuna in global markets under the MSC certification /Pacifical logo. The company is selling in over 26 countries and covers more than 200 million consumer units annually.
Pacifical is offering a unique opportunity to an enthusiastic person to join the Pacifical Sales & Market Development Department as an intern for 3 months and work within a small team to share creative ideas in achieving Pacifical’s goals. Our first intern is from RMI and now the scheme is expanded PNA wide, offering a series of 3 month internships in the future.
The selected candidate will be European based and understudying the Pacifical sales, market development and marketing team members in all stages of Pacifical’s campaigns to develop, expand and maintain Pacifical global market channels and supply chains for PNA caught MSC certified free-school tuna.
The Pacifical intern will have a once in a lifetime opportunity to acquire valuable hands-on knowledge and marketing and commercial business skills & strategies required to become successful in any fast paced international work environment.
• Collect quantitative and qualitative data from store checks, internal and external market research
• Perform market analysis and research on the European and global market data for MSC certified Tuna
• Work together with the Pacifical team on communication strategies for selected target markets
Pacifical is offering:
Experiencing working in a highly innovative and dynamic company
3 months intensive business training in sales and marketing in the Netherlands to begin before Spring 2018
First-hand knowledge on the global tuna industry and its markets
Cooperating within a young multi-national, multi-cultural team
Pacifical jointly with PNA will fund all travel expenses, food, lodging and a monthly allowance for the duration of the internship
• Nauru citizen
• Good understanding of the basics of business and economics
• Excellent English with strong verbal and written communication skills
• Well-developed calculation and analysis skills
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office
• Strong desire to learn along with professional work ethic
• Willingness to live in the Netherlands for 3 months
• Current university student or graduate in a commercial, economic or marketing-related field of study is preferable.
Please submit your letter of interest, including an extensive description of your motivation for applying for this internship, along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae by email to:
Mrs. Cynthia Asaf at email@example.com.
For additional information:
Go to Pacifical’s website at www.pacifical.com.
Applications close – COB Monday 1 January 2018