Job Vacancy: Cashier
Nauru Utilities Corporation (NUC) would like to invite applications for the following vacancy:
Reports to: Customer Service Team Leader
Salary Range: $6,715 – $8,465.85
Purpose The primary responsibility of the Cashier’s position is to provide high quality service to customers in a fast-paced environment to process payments for power, water, fuel and other general functions of NUC accurately and efficiently and to maintain cash register operations.
1. Operate the computerised cashier system used by NUC
2. Greet customers entering establishments and maintain clean and orderly counter.
3. Receive payments by cash and issue receipts, refunds or change due to customers.
4. Count money in cash drawers at the beginning and end of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and there is adequate change.
5. Answer customers questions and provide relevant information
6. Calculate total payments received during their shift, and reconcile this with total sales.
7. Work shifts according to call out schedule
8. Provide reports to the Customer Services Supervisor as required.
9. Other duties ancillary to normal day to day tasks.
1. The ability to speak proper English and Nauruan
2. The ability to listen to customers giving them full attention
3. The ability to listen to instructions provided by the Customer Services Team leader.
4. The ability to learn and follow the procedures put in place by the Corporation
5. Have knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
6. Teamwork ability
7. Presentable and well groomed
High school leavers or any relevant Certificates.
Preferably 1 to 2 years of work experience in customer service and sales.
Application forms are available at the NUC Administration office or you may submit applications in a letter form with CV, reference letters and any other relevant documents. Application should be addressed to NUC Human Resource. Closing date for application is Friday, 9th June, 2017.
Circulated by the Nauru Government Information Office on behalf of:
Nauru Utilities Corporation
GIO, Yaren District, Government Office, Republic of Nauru / Mobile +674 557 3009 / Em: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com / www.naurugov.nr