On Behalf of Department of Transport
Public Notice: Sale and Disposal of Motor Vehicles and number plates
The Department of Transport wishes to outline for the public the process of sale and disposal of motor vehicles and number plates as per the Motor Traffic Act 2014, as follows
• The owner of a motor vehicle shall not transfer, or cause or permit to be transferred, a number plate issued for any motor vehicle to another motor vehicle.
• Any person who drives a motor vehicle having upon it a number plate which was issued for another motor vehicle commits an offence and is liable to pay a fine of $500.
• The owner of a motor vehicle who sells or disposes of the motor vehicle shall, within seven days after the sale or disposal give written notice to the Registrar, of the sale or disposal of the vehicle, and the full name and address of the person to whom the motor vehicle has been sold or disposed of, and deposit with or forward to the Registrar the certificate of registration of the motor vehicle.
• Until these steps are complied with, the person in whose name the motor vehicle is registered shall remain liable as owner for any breach involving the said motor vehicle.
• The person to whom the motor vehicle was sold or disposed of, shall, within seven days after the purchase or disposal, pay the prescribed transfer fee and apply to the Registrar to have the certificate of registration transferred to him or her.
To learn more about Vehicle Registration and Insurance please visit Vehicle Registration Office at Eigigu Enterprises in Denig District.
Circulated by the Nauru Government Information Office on behalf of:
Department of Transport
GIO, Yaren District, Government Office, Republic of Nauru / Mobile +674 557 3009 / Em: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org / www.naurugov.nr